Location of the theatre
The Strovolos Municipal theatre is located at a central artery of the municipality, at 100, Strovolos avenue (Klimataria traffic lights), at a parallel with the Grammikos park of the Pedieos river.
The Strovolos Municipal theatre held its first performance on June 24, 2003, with the North Greece state orchestra. The event was one of the many the Greek Embassy organised for the end of Greece’s Presidency of the European Union.
On July 3rd, 2003, the national beauty contest was held there and then in September 2003 its regular operation began with the International Festival “Ta Kipria” of 2003.
The official opening of the Municipal theatre was held on October 2nd, 2003 by the President of the Republic and a concert followed with Cyprien Katsaris and Marios Tokas.
Some of the most important events held in the theatre include the following:
- The children’s stage of the Cyprus Theatre Organisation staged the play «Η νεράιδα του φεγγαριού», and its Main Stage presented «Έξω από την πόρτα» and also «Φοιτηταί».
- The Cyprus State Orchestra began performing its concerts in the theatre.
- In May 2004 Greek Theatre Month was held at the Strovolos Municipal Theatre.
- On July 14, 2004, the opera “The barber of Seville” was presented at the theatre, a performance within the 1st opera festival of Cyprus.
- In September 2004 the International Festival “Ta Kipria” was held for the second time at the Strovolos Municipal Theatre.
- The newly formed theatre “Lexi” staged children’s plays for two consecutive seasons.
- The Cyprus State Orchestra has continued to perform its concerts in the theatre.
- In May 2005 Greek Theatre Month was held here for the second time.
- On July 7, 2005, the national beauty contest was held here once again.
- The International Festival “Ta Kipria” took place in the Strovolos Municipal Theatre for the third year.
- In its short life, the theatre has hosted performances and events from several elementary and high schools, public and private, as well as several dance and ballet schools and many other organisations.
Telephone numbers and ways to contact us:
For tickets and information about performances:
- Municipal Theatre box office, at 22313010
- To rent the theatre, Ms. Georgia Tenizi, at 22470407
- To coordinate and organise performances, Mr. Charis Charalambous, call 22519574, 22470407, send an email at email@example.com or a fax at +357 22470400
Time scheduleThe theatre’s box office is open:
- Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- On weekends the box office is closed except if there is a performance at night.
For Facilities and Technical specifications of the Strovolos Municipal Theatre offers click here
Event programme of the Municipal TheatreFor more information about the event programme of the Municipal Theatre please contact the theatre’s box office at 22313010.
There are plenty of parking spaces on the west side of the building along the Park of Grammikos of the Pedieos river and for individuals with mobility problems there are specially designed spaces at the forecourt of the theatre.