The Strovolos Municipal theatre is located at a central artery of the municipality, at 100, Strovolos avenue (Klimataria traffic lights), at a parallel with the Grammikos park of the Pedieos river.
The Strovolos Municipal theatre held its first performance on June 24, 2003, with the North Greece state orchestra. The event was one of the many the Greek Embassy organised for the end of Greece’s Presidency of the European Union.
On July 3rd, 2003, the national beauty contest was held there and then in September 2003 its regular operation began with the International Festival “Ta Kipria” of 2003.
The official opening of the Municipal theatre was held on October 2nd, 2003 by the President of the Republic.
Several schools, public and private, primary and secondary education, as well as several dance and ballet schools, and other institutions have held various events at the Strovolos Municipal Theater such as:
- Musical performances
- Theatrical Performance
- Dance Performances
- School Holidays
- General Meetings
- Movie Shows
Telephone numbers and ways to contact us:
- Municipal Theatre box office, at 22313010
- For information: (purchasing tickets, renting the theater, coordination and organization of the performances you may contact Ms. Georgia Tenizi, at 22470407, during working hours (Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. – 3:00a.m.)
- For technical coordination and organization of performances, you may contact Mr. Charis Charalambous, 99 650092, or send an email at email@example.com , or a fax at +357 22470400
Working hours of the Municipal Theatre’s box office:
- Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm (only in cases where tickets are available for sale at the theatre box office).
- On weekends the box office is closed except if there is a performance at night.
For Facilities and Technical specifications of the Strovolos Municipal Theatre click here.
Event programme of the Municipal Theatre
The programme is posted every month on the website of the Strovolos Municipality to inform the public.
For more information about the event programme please contact Ms. Georgia Tenizi, at 22470407 during working hours (Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. – 3:00a.m.)
There are plenty of parking spaces on the west side and south of the building along the Park of Grammikos of the Pedieos river and for individuals with mobility problems there are specially designed spaces in front of the theatre with special access.