Nextbike – The newest technology SmartBike public bike sharing system
Welcome to nextbike Nicosia!
The newest technology SmartBike public bike sharing system.
Nextbike Cy Ltd owns and operates the public bike sharing system of nextbike in Limassol since 2012 and is now making its presence in the streets of Nicosia with the latest technology of SmartBikes! The municipalities of Nicosia, Strovolos, Agios Dometios, Engomi and Aglantzia participate in this network.
The goal of nextbike is to be able to provide a supplementary and environmentally friendly means of transport for point-to-point distances to the local community, tourists & visitors as well as the students of Nicosia. The city is known for its busy streets and traffic congestion issues as well the increased parking fees. With our bikes we want to offer the option of being able to carry out errands, popping out for lunch, attending classes or otherwise touring the cities on the bike, so as to offer a relief from the stress of traffic and parking.
We also offer packages at reduced prices to local businesses who wish to offer this service to their employees as an additional HR benefit, thus also enhancing their CSR portfolio.
Our SmartBikes make the rental & return process even easier! We offer a practical, easy and simple registration and rental solution to our users and our bikes are available 24/7.
How it works:
For first time users, you must register a new account online on our website www.nextbike.com.cy and through our nextbike App.
Activation of the account is automatically made once the payment details of the customer are entered. Various payment options are available such as credit or debit card registration or Paypal. Customers can also purchase vouchers at designated kiosks to top-up their nextbike account.
Upon confirming the payment method, the customer will be charged 10€ for verification purposes. This 10€ will be credited to the customer as a starting credit and can be used with all tariffs. The payment method can be changed by the customer at any time.
A customer can rent up to 4 bikes under one account in both our nextbike cities – Nicosia & Limassol.
For any assistance customers can contact us on our hotline at 77788323 or +35799408094 or by email at email@example.com
Rentals & Returns:
Our hybrid system offers a combination of all possibilities as it unites a free-floating area and rental stations at highly frequented locations. So customers are offered the best possible availability and maximum flexibility.
In other words, rentals and returns can be made at our designated stations or in our designated free float areas without charge. Returns outside these areas will incur an extra charge. Check out our map for more details:
- At every blue pin-point / flagged location we have our official nextbike stationi where the return of bikes can be made without additional charge
- The gray pin-points / flagged locations reflect our virtual stations where the return of bikes is permitted without additional charge
- The blue lines which are along busy streets of the city are declared as our free-float area where our users can return their bikes anywhere along those streets without additional charge.
- The pink areas / lines are areas where returns can be made but at an additional charge.
- Log in to your account online or on our App
- Enter the bike number Or Scan Qr code & bike automatically unlocks!
- You can park your bike without stopping the rental. Activate the park mode in your app and close the lock afterwards. Simply deactivate it again to continue your ride. The lock opens automatically. Therefore do not deactivate the park mode from afar.
- Return your bike at any official station or virtual station in Nicosia. Close the lock by pressing down the lever. Refresh your app or call our customer service to make sure the rental has been stopped. Check the map for information about the official and virtual stations and check prices for information about return fees.
Pay-as-you-Go: First hour is 2€ per bike and every ongoing hour is 1€ per bike. Maximum charge per 24 hours is 8€ per bike.
Annual membership: customers can register for our annual membership packageat 120€ per year, paid in 10€ monthly installments. The customer is entitled to 120 mins per day free ride per one bike. The customer can use his / her 120 mins in one go or in intervals within a day.
All charges cease upon the official return of the bike.
Our company is customer oriented and we strive to make our customers’ experience better every time. We are therefore open to suggestions or comments whether relating to the current station locations, new location suggestions, recommendations, feedback etc.